September 08, 2024, 12:47:04 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Creating a baseline in CH Instruments (model CHI 1000C electrochemical station)  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Nick Radek

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Good afternoon, dear experts in electrochemistry, I have a question. I recently started learning about the CHI1000C electrochemistry station and electrochemistry in general, as I need to know it for my scientific work. I want to build a calibration line, however I don't know how to make a baseline in CH Instruments to accurately determine the current. I have 6 sweeps, and I want to find out exactly what the current will be through the Gaussian peak and the baseline superimposed on it. However, I am unable to do this. The current is usually determined through the baseline, but even when you configure the Gaussian peak in the settings, the program does not build either a baseline or determine the peak. Has anyone worked in the program and knows how to do this in the program? The options to do this in Excel and Origin are not suitable, I can already do it in these programs, but it takes a very long time, and since I am newcomer to electrochemistry, I would really like to be able to learn this faster and more accurately. I'll post here a photo of the peak that I would like to process in the program so that you understand what I want to do. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1805/-411
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
First things first - have you tried to contact CH Instruments? Never used neither their potentiostats nor software, but they would be my first step if something they made doesn't work.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Nick Radek

I thought that this problem did not require contacting the manufacturer, so I tried to overcome this trouble by myself, hovewer I didn't succeed.

Offline Nick Radek

Moreover, sometimes if I got two peaks, anodic and cathodic, the programm can define only one peak but don't define another

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +540/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Speaking of scientific instruments in general, if it is hard to get a good baseline, contacting the manufacturer is a great place to start. It can save you a lot of time and is a good part of the learning process. Helping people get good results with their equipment is what the service and application scientists are paid to do.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Sponsored Links