September 16, 2024, 03:30:28 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Sodium Borohydride getting stuck to weigh paper  (Read 1940 times)

kansaa

Sodium Borohydride getting stuck to weigh paper
« on: August 01, 2024, 06:20:46 AM »
Does anyone know how to handle sodium borohydride (or any chemical for that matter) getting stuck to the weigh paper? I have a very small amount I want to add to my reaction, and the powder is sticking to the weigh paper screwing up the amount I tried to add.

I guess I want to know if there is a specific type of weigh paper that things stick less to or something I could do to prevent the sodium borohydride from sticking to it in the first place NOT a workaround like pouring solvent down the weigh paper

Offline Hunter2

• Mole Snacks: +185/-49
  • Vena Lausa moris pax drux bis totis
Re: Sodium Borohydride getting stuck to weigh paper
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2024, 07:09:56 AM »
Not using weigh paper, using a watch glass instead and rinse the chemcial with the solvent what is used.

quant

Sodium Borohydride getting stuck to weigh paper
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2024, 04:46:04 PM »
Does anyone know how to handle sodium borohydride (or any chemical for that matter) getting stuck to the weigh paper? I have a very small amount I want to add to my reaction, and the powder is sticking to the weigh paper screwing up the amount I tried to add.

I guess I want to know if there is a specific type of weigh paper that things stick less to or something I could do to prevent the sodium borohydride from sticking to it in the first place NOT a workaround like pouring solvent down the weigh paper.

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +328/-24
Re: Sodium Borohydride getting stuck to weigh paper
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2024, 07:20:28 PM »
This is not a direct answer to your question.  We often make solutions of the reagents that we add.  When that is the case, we weigh the reagent directly into an oven-dried flask and use a glass stopper or a rubber septum to close it.  Then we deliver the solution via syringe and often use one or two small rinses to complete the transfer.

Sponsored Links