October 16, 2024, 08:30:24 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Quantum theory? (1)  (Read 451 times)

Offline serotonin

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Quantum theory? (1)
« on: October 05, 2024, 12:54:33 PM »
Hi!! I just want to make sure that I don't miss out on something as I have my exam coming up.. Any help is so greatly appreciated:')

Albert Michelson measures with almost absolute precision the constant - limit of the universe, speed of photo (c). What would a possible instantaneous transfer of the photo mean? Which concepts would be strengthened and which would be weakened? How would this work in terms of the development of the quantum theory that was then being founded?

I said: There would be a perfect superposition of two points at any time. It is inconsistent with the theory of relativity. The whole theory of quantum mechanics would collapse. It would imply that light/information could travel from one point in the universe to another without taking time to do so. This idea contradicts the principles of causality and the theory of relativity, which holds that information and energy cannot travel faster than the speed of light. Einstein's theory of relativity is based on the constancy of the speed of light in a vacuum. Instantaneous light transfer would contradict this. The idea that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light (c), a fundamental principle in modern physics, will be challenged. The behavior of particles at the quantum level may need to be reconsidered in this context. ((The concept of time travel, often associated with faster-than-light travel - review. Hypothetical concepts such as wormholes and mechanisms for faster-than-light travel could become more plausible ))

Thanks again if you take the time to read this.

Sponsored Links