September 20, 2024, 01:33:29 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: ocr chemistry ISA practical (titrations)  (Read 10323 times)

Offline ghazalkhan

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
ocr chemistry ISA practical (titrations)
« on: February 03, 2009, 09:05:23 AM »
hi guys...
i have a chemsitry pratical and that is on thursday 5th jan.2009 and its about titrations.....and i am really  ??? confused i am really bad at chemsitry and especially titrations as i did a practice i completely messed it up i poured the wrong thing in the bureet and i am so scared for the real one...these are the things i have to do in the practical...Qualitative task-worth 10marks:(carry out a pratical task using instructions supplied by OCR)
               Quantitaive task-worth15marks:(carry out a pratical task using instructions supplied by OCRand then doing detailed calculations questions)

Evaluative task-worth15 marks (in this seaction i have to evaluate an experiment)

how do i..
-recognise trends in a data and identify anomalies
-reach valid conculsions
-assess the reliabillity and accuracy of an experiemnt task
-identify significant weaknesses in the procedure ad measuremnt
-understand and select simple improvemnts to prcedures and measuremnts

can you please give me some tips and some ideas on how should i improve the experiment or has anyone done the experiemt already??
thank you
-

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: ocr chemistry ISA practical (titrations)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 10:23:48 AM »
how do i..
-recognise trends in a data and identify anomalies
-reach valid conculsions
-assess the reliabillity and accuracy of an experiemnt task
-identify significant weaknesses in the procedure ad measuremnt
-understand and select simple improvemnts to prcedures and measuremnts

These things are very subjective, and a decent treatment would occupy pages, that some poor forum regular would have to type in by hand.  Do you have any ideas of your own, that we could help with?  Failing that, maybe you should try to find some info along these lines in your textbook, or check the library for a university level text.

hi guys...
i have a chemsitry pratical and that is on thursday 5th jan.2009 and its about titrations.....and i am really   confused i am really bad at chemsitry and especially titrations as i did a practice i completely messed it up i poured the wrong thing in the bureet and i am so scared for the real one...these are the things i have to do in the practical...Qualitative task-worth 10marks:(carry out a pratical task using instructions supplied by OCR)

Nothing I can post on this forum can fix putting the wrong fluid in the burette, we have yet to develop fluid transfer via TCP/IP.   Try to write out what you have to do, in outline form.  Or maybe play with the glassware before hand, using just water, to improve your technique.

The A-levels are supposed to be difficult, not everyone gets them easily.  Try to plan out your tasks, so you're not flustered.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links