September 28, 2024, 05:25:22 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Chemical States  (Read 3112 times)

Offline Hemidol

• Mole Snacks: +2/-2
  • Rune of Punishment
Chemical States
« on: September 17, 2009, 01:10:52 AM »
http://img9.imageshack.us/i/chemstate.jpg/

Which state represents a heterogeneous mixture of iron and aluminum and which one represents a state of a homogeneous gaseous mixture (it's NOT 1 as 1 is just a gaseous element).

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Offline MrTeo

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +31/-9
Re: Chemical States
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 12:23:38 PM »
Which do you think is correct answer? (don't tell me that you don't know, just think with your own brain and try to find a solution... then we'll work on it)
The way of the superior man may be compared to what takes place in traveling, when to go to a distance we must first traverse the space that is near, and in ascending a height, when we must begin from the lower ground. (Confucius)

Offline Hemidol

• Mole Snacks: +2/-2
  • Rune of Punishment
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 01:04:25 PM »
I think the mix. of iron and alminum is number 5 and the homogenous gaseous mixture is number 6.

My reasoning is as follows: the iron and almunium is not uniform throughout, and that's what we're seeing here I think... to different substances marked in there own little "sections". As for the homogenous haseous mixture I reason its number 6 because its a gas (they're far spread apart) and it appears like they're all in one (even though I know there's two different colors.... this is where I'm unsure).

Thanks for the reply.

Offline MrTeo

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +31/-9
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 01:51:02 PM »
Right. Well done  ;D
The way of the superior man may be compared to what takes place in traveling, when to go to a distance we must first traverse the space that is near, and in ascending a height, when we must begin from the lower ground. (Confucius)

Sponsored Links