October 19, 2024, 02:50:31 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Kinetics of Ethanol fermentation  (Read 4116 times)

Offline HouseMD

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Kinetics of Ethanol fermentation
« on: October 03, 2009, 06:56:50 AM »
We cover the ethanol fermentation and we have to determine how many alcohol has been produced. I measured the production of carbon dioxide for a time interval of 4 days, but unfortunately I started to measure the production not immediately, but two days after the fermentation started. Is there anyway to find out how many alcohol has been produced at all(including the two days I haven't measured). Or do you know a kinetic law that refers to my problem? Because we got told, that we should take notice of the complexity of enzyme reactions.

Offline jcjlf

• Mole Snacks: +0/-3
Re: Kinetics of Ethanol fermentation
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 03:51:16 PM »
An alternative would be: Perform density measurements of the fermented and filtered solution. There are tables that refer to the density and ethanol content on internet.

Offline jcjlf

• Mole Snacks: +0/-3
Re: Kinetics of Ethanol fermentation
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 03:08:22 AM »
An alternative would be: Perform density measurements of the fermented and filtered solution. There are tables that refer to the density and ethanol content on internet.
Oops  ::), I withdraw my suggestion. I forgot that there is still sucrose in the solution. We did these density measurements with the distilled fractions of the fermented solution...

Sponsored Links