September 23, 2024, 10:36:41 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Program to preview the TLC cromatography  (Read 2727 times)

Offline flaviodan

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Program to preview the TLC cromatography
« on: October 20, 2010, 05:20:17 PM »
hi all again,
i have a new question for you all.
I wish to found a program which show me the simulation of tlc cromatografy, like chemoffice does for nmr spectrum.
is there some program like that???best if free:D

thanks you all

Offline MissPhosgene

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +23/-5
Re: Program to preview the TLC cromatography
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 06:38:07 PM »
Hello,

A google search, unsurprisingly, did not lead to any TLC prediction programs. It's probably impossible to model TLC accurately for practical application because there are many factors which contribute to rf values and separation which differ by things such as humidity, for example. Some of the factors are water on the plate and in the sample, the way the solid phase was laid on the plate, hydrogen bonding in the sample, amount spotted on a plate, residual solvents such as DMF, plate backing etc. My guess is a TLC modeling program, if used exclusively, will cause many columns to give poor separation.

If you are having trouble picking out solvents, it's best to try out a few. Eventually you get a feel for what solvents and in what ratios will move a compound to the rf you want.

Best
Stereograms of the 32 crystallographic point groups: little bike wheels of cold, hard, pure rationality.

Offline flaviodan

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Program to preview the TLC cromatography
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 11:02:59 AM »
thank you:)

Sponsored Links