October 18, 2024, 06:28:13 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Seeking a future in the Material science/engineering profession  (Read 6209 times)

Offline carbonforall

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I have been looking into chemistry classes for next semester, but feel I do not know which chemistry classes would be best for my goal. I have taken so far 2 semester of gen chem, 1 semester of O Chem. I am considering either taking another semester of O chem or starting inorganic chemistry A.

I am a senior in Mechanical engineering and half way through a minor in chemistry. My question is, which chemistry classes should I take to better assist me to get into material engineering/science?

Unfortunately, our engineering department does not have a material science/engineering major. So I thought to combine some chemistry with mechanical engineering to supplement my major.
Any and all feedback and insight is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Offline enahs

• 16-92-15-68 32-7-53-92-16
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +206/-44
Re: Seeking a future in the Material science/engineering profession
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 11:38:25 AM »
Right now, the bulk of materials engineering jobs and research is more in the organic/polymer field.

I love inorganic chemistry, it is 5000000000 times better then organic. And there are some really cool inorganic materials engineering going on. But the truth is the truth.

Sponsored Links