September 20, 2024, 02:35:36 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: I want to start again  (Read 2383 times)

Offline kaycee

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I want to start again
« on: May 01, 2013, 04:21:47 PM »
I am really blessed to be a member of such a prestigious community. Actually, I feel inadequate as a chemical engineer. In fact I do not think myself as a chemical engineer even though I graduated with very good grades from the university with B.Eng Chemical Engineering. I do not want to go into bashing my school now, because I am supposed to be responsible for my own life, but school for all of us (my classmates) back then was a scrambling for the grades. I basically crammed my way through school, memorizing all I needed to pass my exams. So school was a big struggle for me. Fortunately, I have always known that there was more to chemical engineering, which I why I decided to try learning the HYSYS software. I felt that it would perhaps make chemicals engineering (some aspects of it) come clear and (maybe) near practical to me, but a shaky grasp of my fundamentals has become my greatest undoing. I studied in Nigeria, but I also believe that can all be professionals and practical chemical engineers irrespective of where (the school or country) we studied. I do not mean to bug this community, but I shall be very grateful if you could direct me to any material in chemical engineering that treat its basics or fundamentals, Please any ebook no matter how childish will be appreciated - in fact I would love something really simple and basic. I really believe in simple solutions to problems. I hate when things are intentionally made to look complex. Help me. I want to really know chemical engineering. Please do not be surprised that a dummy like me is a graduate of chemical eng.g and do not run away from me. I feel inadequate as a chemical engineering student and I want to start again. Does any one please know any books I could use to get my chemical engineering fundamentals right? Thanks to you all

Offline Diffusergate

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
Re: I want to start again
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 06:32:45 PM »
I think It will be a bit hard not to face complex formula and equations while striving to be a competent chemical engineer. I would suggest Coulson and Richardson vol 1-6 because they seem to cover most aspect of chemical engineering field. If you think hands on practical would help instead of just theory perhaps you could look into do HND or apprentice. I think the main key thing as a chemical engineer is to try and understand the problem and focus on a specific part to full knowledge instead of jack of all trades. I have just graduated from Beng Chemical engineering.  If you have any difficulty you could look into youtube (especially MIT courseware) which are chemical Engineering lectures on youtube. I hope this helps :)

Sponsored Links