September 30, 2024, 12:34:38 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: producing the industrial products  (Read 2264 times)

Offline jack2020

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
producing the industrial products
« on: February 26, 2014, 05:32:09 AM »
hi all
as you know, when some companies want to produce a marketing product, first they try to prepare it in lab scale from previous reports especiaaly patents, for example in drug industry or cosmetic
my questions are
1-why they try to produce something for example a drug which has been synthesized and reported before? I mean what is their aim, do they want to change sth?
2- why patents are the most trusted reports for their works?
thanks for your answer

Offline curiouscat

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +121/-35
Re: producing the industrial products
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 10:27:27 AM »

1-why they try to produce something for example a drug which has been synthesized and reported before? I mean what is their aim, do they want to change sth?

umm...sell it maybe? If you want to sell it one way is to make it.

2- why patents are the most trusted reports for their works?

Not necessarily. But patents need to (theoretically) have full disclosure and many are filed by other people trying to make money so (in theory) they have more practically useful info. than a paper which may have goals a bit different.

Again, that's in theory.

Offline acvkrs

• Mole Snacks: +1/-0
Re: producing the industrial products
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 12:34:05 PM »
in any industry, it should meet the "supply and demand" requirement. so the requirement of producing a product depends on the demand. generally in industries, they change the route of synthesis to reduce the cost of a product. this cost reduction can be achieved by change of route of synthesis or change of solvent etc....

Sponsored Links